Monthly Archives: July 2014
Okay. Right off the bat. We’re not addressing the casting. We’re not talking about Gadot or her acting chops or her figure. We’re just talking costume dynamics.
So let’s get dangerous!
Sony Announced at SDCC that a movie based on the hit pseudo-zombie/survival game is in the works. Sam Raimi, producer of awesome shit like Xena: Warrior Princess and director of awesome until the third installment stuff like the Tobey McGuire Spider-Man movies, is attached to add producing this bad boy to his roster. Alongside him will be Naughty Dog’s own Creative Director, Neil Druckmann, also acting as a producer. The film will be distributed by Screen Gems and Raimi’s own company, Ghost House, so don’t be surprised by a possible Bruce Campbell cameo.
Also from game developer Naughty Dog, co-Presidents Evan Wells and Christophe Balestra, writer Neil Druckmann and Game Director Bruce Straley will be acting as “Creative Architects” for the movie, keeping it as close to the source material as possible.
According to photographer Adam Jay, this is the first image of Gal Gadot in her full Wonder Woman costume and make-up. This reportedly comes direct from SDCC.
It’s a little dark and not so great a resolution, so we’re going to withhold judgement for now. The costume looks good from what we can see, but we’re still not sold on Gadot in the part.
There is a new trailer out for Gotham:
Really it does not give us anything that we don’t already know, but I like the focus on Jim Gordon. Honestly finding out more about him is one of the things making me excited for the show. I want to see Gordon and his development and what it is about Gordon that makes Batman trust him. Also I want to see Gordon’s interactions with the villains, especially Selina Kyle, I wonder if he will play a part in keeping her from becoming worse.
What do you think about the new trailer, are you excited to learn more about Jim Gordon?
Today is Batman Day, so the lovely ladies here at the TFP thought we would put together all the reasons why Batman is an awesome superhero.
- He is rich, lets be fair Batman has all the money, he one of the top 5 wealthiest comic book characters. With all his money, he is able to fund all of his gadget and transportation. He is also able to buy some really amazing properties, hotels, business, and cars.
- Batman is hot, come he is tall like 6’2’’, a great body and jet-black hair and amazing blue eyes. Pretty much any actor who has played Batman has been considered one of the sexiest men alive.
- He gets all the ladies; Catwoman, Talia, Wonder Women, Black Canary, Zatanna, most of the Justice League, Vicky Vale, Poison Ivy, etc. Batman oozes sex appeal.
- He is a pinnacle of human achievement, both physically and intellectually. Batman’s training regiment is extremely intensive. He is at Olympic level shape and performance at all times. He also has insane intelligence, he is able to dissect and break down all his opponents so he can defeat them. Batman even complied a list on how to defeat every member of the Justice League since they are all so strong and if even one of them ever turned they needed to know how to defeat them. He also has amazing detective skills that he uses to break down crime scenes, letters, riddles, etc.
- Batman has a heart; he took in a fellow orphan with Dick Grayson and raised him like his own son. He took in Tim Drake when this went bad with him. We can even mention Jason Todd, who Batman took in and raised as well. He did not just move these kids in and ignore them, he trained them to be Robin’s, he put them in private schools, paid for things, got them cars, I am pretty they have trust funds. Batman treated them as his own kids. No matter what issues Dick and Tim have with Bruce they still consider him their dad. Even to some extent so does Jason Todd.
If we want to look at other aspects of him having a heart, he put a wheelchair ramp in for Barbara after she lost her legs. Batman put money aside for Selina Kyle’s daughter to have a college education and even put a baby seat in the Batmobile.
- He has loyal friends and family, Alfred, Dick, Tim, Jim Gordon, Lucius Fox, Selina, Superman, and the Justice League. Everyone that he comes in contact respects him and many them love him as well. Alfred, Dick, Tim, Jim, Selina, and Superman would do anything for him and would protect him. Superman is his best friend; Superman is not besties with just anyone. Batman is one of the few people Superman trust with kryptonite, he knows that Batman would only use it in an extreme situation. It takes a lot for someone to trust you with something that can kill them.
- Batman is a founding member of the Justice League, he help create a group where follow superheroes protect the world. More importantly there are Gods, aliens, and super powered superheroes in this group and they all fear Batman. It takes a lot to be a human who scares beings stronger then you.
- He is human, Batman doesn’t have super powers, he is just a guy in a batsuit. Yet, he is one of the most feared people in the Justice League. He has defeated super powered villains and aliens on his own.
- Most importantly, Batman has flaws; he is the most flawed character in the entire DC universe. He saw his parents murdered right in front of his face that scarred him it traumatized him. He is also a spoiled rich kid and he acts like one sometimes. He has all the issues, like all the issues. Batman knows it, he knows he is flawed and we all know he is flawed. It is because of his flaws that people can relate to him because they can see part of themselves in him.
These are just some of the reason why Batman is an amazing superhero; really, we could be here all day.
Happy Batman Day and let us know why you think Batman is an amazing superhero.
News has broken out that Xena herself Lucy Lawless will be joining the cast of Agents of SHIELD. This is an amazing collisions of geekdoms. There is no word on who she will be playing but we can only hope that she will either be a fellow SHIELD agent or an Asgardian. I think the one thing that everyone agrees on is that she should still be playing Xena in some way. I personally think she would make a great Asgardian and that would be a great way to keep the comic and TV universes linked.
There is also no word if she is just guest starring or if she will be a recurring character, Marvel and ABC are really keeping thing under wraps about this one. There is a chance more information will come out during Comic Con this weekend. We will keep you up to date as we hear more information.
Who is excited to hear about Xena joining the cast of Agents of SHIELD?
There is a first look trailer out for Gotham, where they give us some more footage of the show but also explain more about it.
I will say this, every trailer or video I see for the show looks amazing so I am really hoping that the show looks like this for real and that its not just some amazing editing job. Here are somethings that they went over in this video that I really like.
- I like the fact that the show will be more of a detective show then another comic show. I like this because I feel like they can do more with the show if they focus on that element and just make sure to make the DC characters the main cast. What I think people forget sometimes is that a lot happens in Gotham; drug deals, murder, rape, muggings, poverty, etc. Everyone gets focused on the villains that they forget there are other aspects of the city that Batman fights. If they focus on that then we will really get to see the destruction and corruption of this city and why Batman is needed. I am sure that all the other gritty aspects of Gotham are what caused the villains to become who they are. I think making this a detective drama and using the characters that we know and love as the main cast is the right idea. This way we can see how they become who they are and why Gotham is so bad.
- I also like how they mention more of the villains that have yet to be cast, that tells us they have plans for them and that we will be seeing more villains throughout the show. I guess right now they are seeing how the show does and if it does well then they will be adding more. I am looking forward to seeing more of the villains pop up.
- I am intrigued to learn more about Gordon, since he really is the main focus. We all know Batman’s story, we have read it and seen it a millions times. We really don’t know Gordon’s, so I have been enjoying seeing all of his scenes. He looks like an interesting character that it will be great to see how he becomes the police commission and how he manages to keep is good heart and undying belief in the city.
I think if they writers and creators keep going the way that they are this show could do really well. It already has an amazing following just from DC alone. Everyone knows that Batman is the bread and butter of the DC universe. It was smart for the show to include little Bruce Wayne as a cast member. I think this show has a lot of potential to do really well.
What did you like about this video? What are you looking forward to the most?
Here is an all new episode of True Blood the season is going a long pretty well, last week they discovered that the Hep V vampires are killing whole towns of people. Still no one has thought to check out Fantasia. Arlene and Holly try to convince a vampire that they know to save them but she dies before she can. The townspeople start a lynch mob; Adiyln and Wade try to hide all the guns but are taken prisoner. Lettie May is still trying to communicate with Tara.
The episode starts in a yoga class; this is a very odd place to start since I cannot think of who would be taking a yoga class. As the instructor compliments various students he is mostly impressed with one of his students who is none other than Sarah Newlin. Well I guess that useless character is back.
Life in Bon Temps, well Alcide realized that Sookie took off; he threw on some pants and ran across the graveyard towards Bill’s house. Where Alcide went all Were and thrust kicked open the door looking for Sookie.
Well Sookie was not in the house, she was in the car with Bill driving somewhere to do Sookie’s plan. During the convo in the car, we find out that Bill is not the same person that he was because when they drank all his blood at the compound they took out all the cray apparently, so he is a new vampire. I find this weird and possibly bs but Bill was on my last nerve these last two seasons so I’ll take it. Because of this reason Sookie had to drink Bill’s blood again so he would be able to know where she is.
Over in the Bon Temps jail poor Adiyln and Wade are chilling because well what else can they do. Adilyn tells Wade that they had kissed once but he doesn’t remember because vampires glamoured it out of them. When did this happen? Did this happen last season and I don’t remember or was it an off camera thing? Adiyln and Wade go in to kiss again but Jessica interrupts them because she thinks that Adiyln is in trouble. Andy lets Adiyln and Wade out and Adilyn tells him that the townspeople are against anyone who is different and that they might harm Sookie.
Over at Fangtasia because still no one has thought to check there, I get it has only been like 2 days Fangtasia would have come into my mine especially after reading the diary. The vampires are talking about how they do not have enough people to sustain them because apparently with Hep V they need to eat every hour. That means that they have to go out hunting again. Well Holly is in the basement finally being a witch (about time) and using the other girls to help her cast a spell. Unfortunately they are stopped by one of the vampires and since the other girls are not witches they don’t know that they are stronger than the vampire. Holly admits that she is the one who thinks that she is Harry Potter because that is what they referenced and the vampire takes Holly.
Sam is driving along with his vampire buddy because well he has to have a vampire too. Sam got the chatty vampire, who is trying to make conversation until they come across the angry mob of people. They get out of the car and naturally, Sam tries to reason with them.
Vince tells Sam that people think that he is the mayor now. Well Sam’s poor vampire buddy gets shot and he meets the true death. Sam realizing that well the townspeople of Bon Temps are serious changes into a bird and flies off.
Eventually Andy, Jessica, Violet, and Jason are all driving because at this point they are all worried about Sookie. Jason keeps trying to call Sookie but her phone is still ringing in the woods. I am sure the battery on that phone should have died by now or did she just get the phone and it still has amazing battery life. Andy and crew come across Sam’s car and the angry mob of townspeople. Now the townspeople are standing there all angry with Andy because his daughter shot light at them. Well Andy is proud of Adilyn for using her fairy powers.
Someone shoots Jessica, I think it was Hoyt’s mom because she was all mad at Jessica and Jason because they made Hoyt leave, I miss Hoyt. Violet who hates Jessica actually runs up to Hoyt’s mom and rips body parts out from inside her. Well there goes Hoyt’s mom; I think Hoyt might be happy with this because it means she won’t be up his ass anymore. Seriously, I bet she is still trying to up his ass even in Alaska because she has problems cutting the umbilical cord. That scares off people because no one knows what to do with a crazy vampire. Also we should note how Jason noticed how Jessica was not healing – does that mean Jessica is infected?
A brief interlude at Lafayette’s has James and Lafayette getting high, which is what James wanted to do. Since James can’t pop pills, he had to drink Lafayette’s blood after Lafayette popped the pills. I have to say I am loving the high vampires, thank you for including this again.
James got worried that Lafayette OD’ed but he didn’t. Lafayette noticed that James likes him but James can’t do anything because he is with Jessica. Well they did say that the other actor left because he would not do a gay scene.
Now back to Sookie and Bill, well Sookie is sitting in the middle of a field and Bill is chilling in a tree.
Sookie’s plan is to get the Hep V vampires to come to her because well she is vampire bait because of how she smells. Then the vampires will take her to where they are hiding everyone (aka Fangtasia) and Bill since he can feel her will come with others to save them. While Bill is not a huge fan of this plan – well why did you go along with it in the first place, he is still there helping her. While Sookie is waiting in the field she talks with Bill, they talk about Six Flags and Bill flashes back to taking a photo with his family (one that was taken by one of Hoyt’s ancestors). I’m sorry if you are trying to draw the vampires to you, maybe you shouldn’t be talking to Bill because that would give away that there is someone else there. Last time I checked vampires have good hearing and shouldn’t Bill know this.
Sookie gets tired of waiting for the vampires because they apparently don’t want her, this is a first. Sookie cuts her arm with something so they smell the blood. Well that kinda worked, because Holly comes walking out.
As we found out earlier, Holly is with the vampires and they glamoured her so she could not tell anyone anything. Some vampires attack Bill and Sookie but Andy and crew show up with Sam and Alcide and save Sookie and Bill. During all of this Alcide is shot and killed, really he was he only cute Were ever.
Over in Europe we find out that Eric officially has Hep V, which he did not try to contract but really didn’t do anything to stop it either. While Pam talks with Eric, we find out why he chooses that place. Apparently, in the 80’s, Eric was all into some French girl names Sophie. While in France, Pam and Eric had basically been ignoring the Authority and what they are trying to do. Eric tells them to fuck off and tells Pam that he will take care of her.
Eric is having sex with Sophie for the second time; he is interrupted again (the poor man just can’t get off) by the people of the True Blood corp. They have Pam and take Sophie and force Eric to make a choice between the two. Eric does everything that he can to convince them not to kill both. Well I think we all know who Eric choices to save even though it breaks his heart. Eric tells Pam to leave and let him die in peace but before she does she tells him that Sarah Newlin is still alive. This motivates Eric to get up because he wants to kill Sarah Newlin for what she has done.
Back over to Sarah Newlin, she has just gotten done sleeping with her yoga instructor, no wonder she is the favorite student. While she is off finding a bottle of wine to drink from his amazingly huge wine cellar, the men from the True Blood corp show up.
I guess they are not happy about what she did to their product. Her screw buddy.yoga instructor does say that he knows her but he refuses to tell them where she is, so they kill him. Sarah Newlin is now forced to hide silently in the wine cellar while she watches the blood of her lover flow under the door.
Sookie’s plan was to get taken hostage and have Bill track her down in order to save everyone. While not a bad idea, any reason no one feels a need to check Fangtasia. I did enjoy the little banter between Bill and Sookie in the field though. It was also nice to get some of Eric and Pam’s past since they have been around so long and through so much. I am wondering if Eric refusing to comply with the authority will have any affect on them. While I found the Eric’s flashback interesting, I did not find the Bill’s interesting. We already knew that Bill loved his family so there really was nothing new gained there besides that one of Hoyt’s ancestors took the photo. Also really, did we have to kill Alcide; there was no point to that. He could have lived, I liked the werewolf, he served a purpose, he had the best ab’s on the show. Although Joe Manganiello admits to knowing that he was going to die once they had him get together with Sookie. Basically Sookie is a death wish to anyone who is not Bill or Eric. Well maybe she caused Eric to get sick. Also really, Sarah Newlin is back, she better die this time seriously I am so over her.
Until next week.